Friday, October 31, 2008

Indonesia International Work Camp

If you love voluntary works, whereas at the same time you are so much into inter-cultural learning, wanting adventurous experiences of working with local community in rural areas or working for the orphan house, or working in red light districts for HIV/AIDS campaigning, this is the place to be: Indonesia International Work Camp, known as IIWC.

I gained wonderful experiences there, starting from the first day of its establishment in 1999 until my coordinator, Gana, offered me to join the Asia-Europe Young Volunteer Exchange in Paris for almost 3 months of duration. There, I learned about cross-cultural understanding, the social organization management, while at the same time I learn about survival in world's big city like Paris. :)
It was like my Red Cross experience. I came without intention to reach something that big, but I just love what I did. That's I think, the key to every avenue to your dreams.

No comments: